Inspired by a post from Marc and Angel on “Things I wish someone told be when I am 18” . I looked back on college life and what I thought about it. I still agree that many of the things listed in that article is true but many times it is always easy to say than to do.
Here are the top things from the list that I thought would be most helpful
- Explore new ideas and opportunities often
- People are not mind readers. Tell them what you’re thinking.
- Talk to lots of people in college and early on in your career.
- Sit alone in silence for at least ten minutes every day.
- Exploit the resources you do have access to
Though the list was meant for people who are 18, but I feel like it is still applicable to anybody. In fact, it’s a really good reminder to read this article because I was loosing the “steam” . At some point, I even felt like a retired fellow. But I am recollecting my thoughts and hopefully I can walk the talk that I thought.